CRPLSA works cooperatively with the Minnesota Library Association, Minnesota Educational Media Organization, and the Multitype Library System Directors to advocate for quality library services. Representatives from these organizations jointly prepare an annual library legislative platform outlining initiatives for consideration by the Minnesota Legislature and the Governor.
2014 Minnesota Library Legislative Initiatives
In preparation for the 2014 Legislative Session, the MLA and MEMO memberships approved the 2014 library legislative platform at their annual, statewide conferences. During the legislative session, CRPLSA will support advocacy efforts on these and other library issues.
Supplementary details or “talking points” offer more information on each legislative plank and are useful when advocating for specific initiatives.
- Public Library Accessibility and Construction Grant
- Broadband Telecommunication Access for Schools and Libraries
- eBooks and Libraries (an FAQ)
- eBooks and School Libraries
- eBooks and Academic Libraries
- Pricing comparison prepared by Douglas County Library (Colorado, 2013)
CRPLSA also offers a multiple-year history of library legislative platforms and talking points.