The mission of East Central Regional Library is to strengthen communities by connecting people with resources, spaces, and educational experiences that enrich and empower their lives.
This mission statement begins East Central Regional Library’s (ECRL) 2015-2017 Strategic Plan, which was approved by the Board of Directors at its October 2014 meeting. In setting goals for the next three years, the planning committee collected information from ECRL residents through listening at focus groups held in all 14 branches and the 7 communities in which ECRL provides library service through the outreach van. 135 people attended the focus group sessions. Additionally, 958 people completed surveys that were made available both in print and online.
ECRL set six goals:
- Goal 1: Collections – Provide, support, and maintain collections of variously formatted information sources to satisfy the needs of information seekers.
- Goal 2: Place – Collaborate with cities and counties to provide welcoming, safe places to enhance community life and for community members to come, gather, and be.
- Goal 3: Customer Service – Provide excellent customer service to community members through building, supporting, and equipping qualified staff teams.
- Goal 4: Programs – Provide programs that educate, entertain, and lift up the quality of life in communities.
- Goal 5: Technology – Provide up-to-date technology for use by community members in support of their information seeking and for use by staff in efficient organizational management.
- Goal 6: Outreach – Deliver library services and information about library service and happenings beyond library walls.