The Minnesota Department of Education, State Library Services, with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, is excited to bring renowned early literacy educator Saroj Ghoting back to Minnesota for a series of workshops that will give librarians and early childhood educators tools to provide high-quality storytimes and early literacy interactions with pre-readers. The workshops are rooted in the Every Child Ready to Read 2nd Edition (ECRR2) research-based curriculum released by the Public Library Association.
Please visit the Supporting Libraries Serving Youth webpage to learn more about the training options and register for a workshop near you.
- Great River Regional Library – St. Cloud, Monday, August. 24, 2015, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts – Bemidji, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Blue Earth County Library – Mankato, Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 9:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- East Central Regional Library – North Branch Area Library, Friday, September 25, 2015, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Training the Trainers
- Great River Regional Library – St. Cloud, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Ramsey County Library – White Bear Lake Library, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
There is no fee to attend – lunch arrangements vary by location. Please email Jackie Blagsvedt or call 651-582-8805 or for more information.