The Minnesota Association of Library Friends (MALF) will partner with libraries and Friends of the Library groups to bring a free workshop, Strengthening Libraries Together, to five Minnesota communities this September. Attendees will learn ways to increase Friends of the Library membership and raise significant funds for their libraries. They will also have an opportunity to share ideas and network with others facing similar challenges.
- Duluth Public Library, Saturday, September 6, 9:30am-3:00pm, Register by August 30
- Ramsey County Library – Roseville, Monday, September 15, 4:30pm-8:30pm, Register by September 8
- Rochester Public Library, Thursday September 18, 1:00pm-7:00pm, Register by September 11
- Lake Agassiz Regional Library – Moorhead, Saturday, September 20, 9:30am-3:00pm, Register by September 13
- Great River Regional Library – St. Cloud, Saturday, September 27, 9:30am-3:00pm, Register by September 20
Presenter: The workshops will be led by Melissa Brechon, a library consultant who brings 25 years of applicable experience as a librarian and administrator. Session highlights include a keynote titled “Ten Things I Know to Be True (About Friends of the Library Fundraising),” in which Brechon will explore current trends and best practices for Friends’ fundraising and membership solicitation. Workshops will also include a panel discussion featuring local Friends. Attendees will come away energized by new ideas for organizational growth and successful community initiatives.
Everyone is invited to sign up for a free workshop. It is not necessary to be a member of MALF or any Library Friends organization to attend. Note: To enjoy a complimentary lunch or dinner, you must register at least one full week before your workshop. Registration takes only a moment online. Visit the MALF website and click on the “Workshops” graphic on the home page. (Alternatively: Send an email at email@example.com to reserve your spot.)